If you talked to me since I got my mission call you know how excited I was to chop wood for Navajos because they do that a lot here AND ITS ALMOST THE SEASON FOR IT AND ALL MY OTHER FRIENDS IN THE MISSION HAVE GOTTEN TO CHOP WOOD EXCEPT ME and I just want to break in my new axe… Anyways the subject is not a typo, everybody here says “chop woods” not chop wood which I think is funny.
Also: These little kids and their grandma that we are teaching have a mom that I always kind of assumed was a little standoffish to us– anyways she finally came out while we were teaching to say hi and I asked her to stay for the closing prayer and her daughter gave the cutest little simple prayer and you could see the Spirit work on the mom and we are supposed to start teaching her on our next visit! Adorable!
- We got a new truck. Sadly it is not a Tacoma but it is a much better grey Nissan
- We were roping (during our lunch) kind of close to this guy’s property out in the Cottonwood AZ boonies and he came out to say hello. We started talking about religion and he said he’d listen to us if he could tell us about his traditional Navajo ways. We were like of course that sounds awesome and he was like Sweet come on in I’ll get you guys tobacco pipes ready and we were like oh can we do it without the pipes and he said no they gotta go together he said it was like the sacrament during church haha
- did exchanges with the APs
- I sled down some sand dunes on a basketball backboard from a junkyard
- we walked out of a lesson and a cop car was parked right behind our truck on the street with its lights on. We walked up and it was shauna, the nice lady we are teaching. she said somebody had reported a DUI and a guy slumped in the car like asleep on the side of the road and she thought it was us but then looked inside and saw our Book of Mormons and was like I don’t think the Elders were drinking… hahaha and then she used a walkie to call it in as all good and said “it’s just the elders from the LDS church were all good”
- Sister Tsosie quizzed me on my Navajo and I was lowkey getting them all right nbd
- WE GOT SIX PEOPLE WE ARE TEACHING TO COME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY WHICH IS A LOT FOR US
REPLY WITH YOUR FAVORITE SONG RN!!
Hágoónee! I love you all!